Imperial Avenue Murders: Three year anniversary vigil | News
CLEVELAND, OH- Saturday marks the three year anniversary of the Imperial Avenue murders.
A Stop Violence Against Women and Others rally and purple light vigil will be held October 27, 2012, 5 p.m. at 2nd Trinity Baptist Church, across the street from E. 123rd and Imperial at 12302 Parkhill and Imperial Avenues.
Otherwise it will be at the corner of E. 123rd and Imperial Ave. in Cleveland next to Anthony Sowell's demolished home as it always is.
Three years ago 51-year-old Sowell was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of eleven women between June 2007 and September 2009.
The victims' remains were found inside and outside of Sowell's home in Cleveland.
Around 30 organizations and speakers are expected to participate in the rally including community activists, Black elected officials, office of Congresswoman Fudge and the victims' family members.
Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Lobster & LongHorn Steakhouse Provide Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings!
- THE SANTALAND DIARIES returns to PlayhouseSquare Dec 5 - 22
- Thieves target historical church in Cleveland Heights
- Four indicted in Cleveland Heights Charter School fraud
- Cuyahoga County Councilman Julian Rogers to resign from County Council